HGC Women’s 18 Hole Golf League New Member Information
- The HGC women’s 18-hole league continues weekly on Tuesdays from mid-May through mid-September. Tee times generally start at 11:30am each week.
- The league is open to all players, both members of HGC and those who are greens fees payers. Players may join the league at any point in the season.
- League members pay annual dues of $30 which covers weekly prizes and other costs of conducting the league. League members may also choose to purchase Hole-In-One insurance for $5 ($250 payout).
- League members sign up in advance each week (generally no later than noon on Monday) to participate that week. The sign up for each week is online or by calling the pro shop.
- The head pro makes the pairings each week and emails them to league members by mid-morning on Tuesdays.
- HGC is an 18-hole course with a pro-shop and snack bar in the clubhouse.
- There is a driving range which is free all times to members of HGC. League members who are not also HGC members must pay for range balls.
- There are bathrooms on Hole #5/8. The crossover hole near the clubhouse is between Holes #12-13, not after Hole #9. There are bathrooms near the 15th green.
- The first 14 holes have a rolling terrain, while the last four holes are quite hilly.
- Non-HGC members pay the 18-hole Resort Fee for greens fees. This discounted rate is for league play only. Riding carts and pull carts may also be rented through the pro shop. League members who wish to walk 12 and ride the back 6 may rent a cart for $6 at the turn.
- The league plays USGA and summer rules except where noted during special events.
- Each league player must have a current GHIN membership and established handicap. Any league member who does not have a GHIN membership may establish one through HGC for an additional fee.
- The HGC staff post each week’s scores onto the league members’ GHIN records.
- Each week the pro creates a special weekly game, which might be an individual or a foursome event. The game is emailed out to the league along with the tee times for that week.
- Also each week, league members may choose to enter the closest to the pin (#3), birdies and chip-ins contests. To enter those events, league members put $.25 into the appropriate bowls and sign the contest sheet in the snack bar prior to teeing off. Winners share the entry $$ for that week.
- Monthly league meeting – The last Tuesday of each month there is a league meeting immediately following golf for that day. There is also a special meal prepared by the snack bar. Sign up for the meeting and meal is the prior week.
- Connect For The Cause – Each year in August the HGC women’s league holds a Connect For The Cause fundraiser. 100% of funds raised go to support local cancer patients and their families, generally in the form of gas and/or hotel vouchers which are not covered by insurance.